Business & Data Analyst
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners, and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally-minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust, and Collaboration - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the job responsibilities:
You will be tasked with supporting our top-level decisions based on data! We expect you to perform data preparation and activities designed to support BI, with the intent to identify specific information required to support our sales force and other departments as required and then present these results in a meaningful and intuitive format, using a variety of BI tools and techniques.
Your typical day will look like this:
Analysis of data and working on longer-term projects to enhance growth;
- Work with different stakeholders to identify KPIs and gather business requirements for reporting;
- Investigate and solve data discrepancies and inconsistencies and assist in addressing the cause;
- Create and modify dashboards and reports using BI tools based on project requirements;
- Build queries to answer ad-hoc questions, but also complete ad-hoc requests independently while verifying data and working with other departments;
- Perform detailed analysis of our product: how users are interacting with it and identify areas for improvement/design.
Experience & Education:
Degree in economics/mathematics/statistics/computer science/finance;
- Experience with working with large data sets from multiple data sources;
- Top Excel skills;
- Experience in SQL;
- Demonstrable and strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Fluent in English.
Preferred Tools knowledge:
- Data Visualisation Software knowledge (Quicksight or similar);
- Python / R, or other statistical analysis software (big plus).
What do we offer?
- Meeting people from all around the world on a daily basis, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, at one of the coolest up-and-coming startups in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious!
What else do you need to know?
- This is an entry-level role based in Lisbon;
- Available to start soon;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.
Does it sound like "the job" you're looking for? Great! Apply below then and let us know why you are fit to work at Uniplaces :)