Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Marketing Team:
No matter how great the product, it needs distribution. Marketing is the heart and soul of distribution at Uniplaces - a combination of Performance, Branding and CRM teams build up sales funnels and engages our customers to ensure our value proposition is clearly communicated.
In this role, your mission is to:
- Work on customer retention, improve repeat business, conversion of prospects into customers (using data-driven insights)
- Increase engagement through customer lifecycle communications of both students and landlords
- Monitor and provide updates of key performance metrics tied to customer lifetime value, conversion, loyalty and program revenue (working with Business Intelligence/Finance team)
- Look for the latest developments and opportunities in CRM/Loyalty/Email/Gamification and recommend key ways to drive the business.
- Work closely with different key stakeholders such as Product and Operations to ensure all communications are tailored according to pre-agreed objectives and processes.
- Work closely with Brand Team to ensure cross-channel, location and language consistency
- Refine marketing campaigns to ensure maximum response (run A/B tests of different formats/concepts/offers)
- Manage mail marketing communications, from content planning to scheduling.
- Post-campaign analysis and ongoing reporting across key email engagement and revenue metrics.
Your track record:
- 2+ years experience working ideally at an online business and a strong CRM background with a track record of delivering compelling campaigns in multiple markets & languages (past experience in global-based roles is a plus)
- Knowledge of CRM KPIs/metrics and analysis
- Ownership and ongoing development of the EDM strategy
- Experience in Reporting tools, mainly MySQL, Excel/google sheet and Visualization software (Tableau, Klipfolio, Chartio);
- Strongly Preferable: Knowledge of XML/XSL/HTML
- Forward-thinking and highly analytical: technical or analytical background with experience in gathering insights to form recommendations.
- Data/tech savvy (familiarity with database designs and data flows)
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English is a plus
- You are passionate about CRM and love analyzing the customer journey
- Business savvy and an effective communicator, with in-depth knowledge of marketing communications
- Extremely independent and with high level of initiative, able to proactively take on any challenge autonomously and to learn fast;
- In the face of pressure and crazy timings, you never crack - actually, you crave for working in a really fast-paced environment, under pressure and with tight deadlines, where you can manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to combine the analytical skills with business acumen, since you will have to combine these two in order to create reasonable and attractive insights for the department;
- Proficient in time management (proactively manage full calendar to meet multiple deadlines), with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently, with attention to detail.
This is why you’ll love this role:
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- You’ll be able to feed you eager for data, with lots of Marketing Performance analytics possibilities - we count on you to discover even some more!
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Direct access to the senior team, liaising with several management stakeholders, which will allow you to a quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming start-up hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- The role is based in Lisbon;
- You will report to the CMO;
- You will start on a 12-month fixed term contract;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we offer a relocation package in case you are not in Portugal.