Customer Experience Specialist - Part Time
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real life pains and we’re backed by top tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Operations Team
Every day, more than 5000 nights are booked by students from 175 nationalities in 33 different cities on uniplaces.com. Our Operations team that embraces 14 nationalities and works across 6 different languages, ensures that every interaction with customers is focused in improving the student and landlord experience, so that room search becomes as easy as buying a flight ticket.
A lot of your day will be on the phone and email, contacting with customers. This is not easy and takes a specific type of character to have the drive and ambition to keep pushing, trying new approaches and never give up, even under pressure. Given the volume of work, you have to be the type of person who enjoys networking and liaising with everyone around. You get comfortable in communication face to face, over the phone or in writing!
Your mission is to:
- To support our students and landlords with general inquiries over the phone or email
- To take on inbound calls from students and landlords with service requests
- To approach students and landlords proactively over the phone to clarify or support in any matter
- To advise students and landlords on how to improve their results with Uniplaces
- To negotiate with students and landlords the conditions and terms of their contracts.
Your track record:
- We don’t expect a specific background or set of experiences, as long as you’re a top performer in every task and job you enroll!
- Fluent in English + Spanish/Italian/German (English + at least one more of these languages);
- Enrolled in university or just graduated.
- Analytical, empathetic and proactive;
- Smart and eager to learn;
- Adjustable and proactive;
- Natural drive for high performance and smashing targets;
- Great communication skills;
- Internationally minded;
- A team player;
- Positive and funky.
This is why you’ll love this job:
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full;
- You will have a direct contact with the senior team, with management responsibilities and decision making ownership;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming start-up hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- This is an entry-level role based in Lisbon;
- You will be entitled to an internship allowance;
- You will report to your Team Lead;
- You will start on a 3 or 6 month internship contract;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we offer a relocation package in case you are not in Portugal;
- You must be available to work between 20 to 30 hours a week under rotating shifts, that might span weekends and bank holidays, comprised within 08h00 and 20h00.