Key Account Support Intern
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real life pains and we’re backed by top tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Operations Team
Every day, more than 5000 nights are booked by students from 175 nationalities in 33 different cities on uniplaces.com. Our Operations team that embraces 14 nationalities and works across 6 different languages, ensures that every interaction with customers is focused in improving the student and landlord experience, so that room search becomes as easy as buying a flight ticket.
You will be part of an energetic, motivated and sales driven international expansion team tasked with developing the new market for Uniplaces as a Key Account Support Intern.
You will work with our main important markets and the new markets that we are opening now. Therefore you need to be hungry to sell and ready to take ownership that has a direct impact on business performance.
In this role, your mission is:
- Develop trust relationships with new and current clients with a big portfolio of offers, to ensure they do not turn to competition;
- Follow up with the Photography and Onboarding teams anytime a new listing is published;
- Make sure availabilities are being updated, so that landlords can receive accurate booking requests;
- Work closely with our product and marketing team to implement new strategies and work on integrations;
- Keep the drive organised and up to date and per market.
- Some work experience in sales and/or account management is a plus;
- Previous market experience is a plus;
- High communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interest in building a career in sales with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are fluent in speaking and writing English and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese. Other languages are not required but are a bonus.
This is why you’ll love this job:
- We’ll give you an intensive training coupled with increasing business exposure and insights from our most senior employees, making you grow exponentially;
- Meeting people from all around the world on a daily basis, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming startup hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- This is an internship role based in Lisbon;
- You will report to your Team Lead;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas.