People Business Partner and Operations Manager
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real life pains and we’re backed by top tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the People & Culture Team:
The People & Culture team is at the heart of Uniplaces, playing a central role in supporting all Uniplacers throughout their journey with us - from finding amazing talent, to developing and enabling them to become rock stars. Our mission is to implement People practices & processes that meet the company’s present and future needs, as we combine our passion for people with the business acumen and mindset.
The People BP and Ops role is an excellent role if you have previously worked either in an HR Generalist role or in HR Ops but want to move into a broader role and more generalist function.
In this role, you will:
- Manage HR Ops function for all the Uniplaces’ offices (PT, ES, UK, IT) - JML’s processes, legal, payroll, MI and reporting, as well as Compensation and Benefits strategy
- Manage Performance Review process
- Manage the relationship with all providers/vendors
- Become the trusted Business Partner for the Finance and MOB (Markets, Operations and BizOps) teams
- Coach and support all staff with day-to-day People Ops tasks
- Be responsible for Office Management and have a People & Office Assistant reporting to you
Your track record:
- 3+ years experience in HR as a Generalist, Operations, Analytics/Reporting or Payroll:
- Fluent English - written and spoken
- Hands-on experience in managing payroll, MI and HR Reporting
- A will to excel at a People Business Partner role and evolve into an HR generalist position
- Advanced Excel and Reporting/presentation skills
- Experience with PT Labor Law and Payroll regulation highly desirable - alternatively having worked in HR Ops in a European country and ability to learn quickly.
- Independent and with high level of initiative, able to proactively take on challenges;
- Detail oriented, organized and focused on accuracy
- Great time management skills
- Driven by results and high performance
- Able to deal with pressure and deadlines
This is why you’ll love this role:
- Opportunity to work closely with a dynamic team who has great impact throughout Uniplaces;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming startup hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- The role is based in Lisbon;
- You will report to the VP People;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we do offer a relocation package in case you are not in Lisbon.