Performance Marketing Manager
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Marketing Team:
No matter how great the product, it needs distribution. Marketing is the heart and soul of distribution at Uniplaces - a combination of Performance, Branding and CRM teams build up sales funnels and engages our customers to ensure our value proposition is clearly communicated.
In this role, your mission is to:
- Dominate the global Paid Search (Google, Bing, Yahoo) positions in our key corridors;
- Manage global Paid Social (Facebook) and Display campaigns to drive brand awareness, engagement and retention;
- Continually optimise all campaigns to achieve and exceed CPA targets;
- Explore and launch new performance/biddable marketing initiatives to expedite growth and stay ahead of the competition;
- Maintain and ensure all deployed platforms (Google Analytics, CRM, RTB, etc.) are at the forefront of innovation and industry-leading;
- Keep abreast and advise the wider marketing team on industry best practices, changes and opportunities.
Your track record:
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing campaigns across Paid Search (Google, Bing, Yahoo) and Display (Facebook and Google Display Network). Additional experience across smaller search engines (Baidu, Yahoo Japan, Seznam, etc.) and other performance/biddable marketing channels (Affiliate, Mobile Acquisition, Lead Generation, etc.) will be beneficial;
- Ability to crunch large data sets through MySQL, Excel, Google Sheets will be a bonus;
- Experience in reporting tools and visualization software (Tableau, Klipfolio, Chartio);
- Strongly Preferable: Knowledge of XML/XSL/HTML;
- Forward-thinking and highly analytical: technical or analytical background with experience in gathering insights to form recommendations;
- Data/tech savvy (familiarity with database designs and data flows);
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English is a plus.
- Business savvy and an effective communicator, with in-depth knowledge of marketing communications;
- A strong team player who likes teaching and sharing experience and knowledge across the team and business to drive growth and change;
- Extremely independent and with high level of initiative, able to proactively take on any challenge autonomously and to learn fast;
- In the face of pressure and crazy timings, you never crack - actually, you crave for working in a really fast-paced environment, under pressure and with tight deadlines, where you can manage several projects at the same time;
- Ability to combine the analytical skills with business acumen, since you will have to combine these two in order to create reasonable and attractive insights for the department;
- Proficient in time management (proactively manage full calendar to meet multiple deadlines), with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently, with attention to detail.
This is why you’ll love this role:
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent to its full extent;
- You’ll be able to feed you eager for data, with lots of Marketing Performance analytics possibilities - we count on you to discover even some more!
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Direct access to the senior team, liaising with several management stakeholders, which will allow you to a quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up and coming start-up hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- The role is based in Lisbon and/or London;
- You will report to the CMO;
- You will start on a 12-month fixed term contract;
- For this position, we do not sponsor working visas, but we offer a relocation package in case you are not in Portugal.