Sales Manager - French or German Speaker
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners, and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally-minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust, and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Operations Team
Every day, more than 5000 nights are booked by students from 175 nationalities in 33 different cities on uniplaces.com. Our Operations team that embraces 14 nationalities and works across 6 different languages, ensures that every interaction with customers is focused on improving the student and landlord experience, so that room search becomes as easy as buying a flight ticket.
In this role, your mission is:
- You will be supporting the global sales function in Uniplaces reporting directly to the CCO.
- Supporting the strategy and operating model of Uniplaces B2B supply acquisition.
- Lead the existing demand sales team with the objective of nurturing leads to close bookings across the European market and further scale it to drive growth cost-effectively.
- Set up, grow and lead a supply sales team acquiring landlords across the multiple European cities.
- Develop a supply growth machine, being responsible for the acquisition of landlords through inbound and outbound sales channels. From lead generation to lead conversion to revenue generated from the acquisition.
- Test and playbook the most effective tactics for efficient operations of the sales team that maximize conversion.
- Define standards and working practices for local countries' supply acquisition. Motivate and monitor that all markets are achieving their sales targets.
- Define standards and working practices for local countries and demand partnerships. Motivate and monitor that all markets are achieving their sales targets.
- Closely monitor overall sales team performance (both demand and supply teams), from activity metrics (e.g., number of clients touchpoints) to acquisition funnel (e.g., leads managed, converted accounts, published properties)
- Work in close collaboration with the in-region operations and sales teams, product, and marketing.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of work experience in sales strategy, sales operations, and sales, including individual salesperson and team leader roles.
- Fluent in at least 2 European languages including English (proficiency German, French, and/or Portuguese considered as a strong plus).
- Previous experience in the student accommodation sector is strongly preferred.
- Ability to closely manage sales performance, creating dashboards, managing CRM, and swiftly acting on results.
- Analytical i.e., able to derive insights from data and come up with solutions that will benefit the Sales organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize selling activities and follow through in a timely fashion
- An entrepreneurial mindset, superior verbal and communication skills, and the ability to articulate value propositions to key stakeholders.
- An infectiously positive attitude and drive to win, hustle, and determination.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry is a plus
This is why you’ll love this job:
- We’ll give you intensive training coupled with increasing business exposure and insights from our most senior employees, making you exponentially grow;
- Meeting people from all around the world daily, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up-and-coming startup hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- This is a role remote-based in Lisbon;
- You will report to your Team Lead;
- You will start on a 6-12 months contract;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.
Does it sound like "the job" you're looking for? Great! Apply below then and let us know why you are fit to work at Uniplaces :)