Senior Product Designer | Remote Opportunity
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners, and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally-minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust, and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Tech Team:
We’re a technology-based startup and we depend on our online platform to provide the best possible service to students and landlords. This is where the tech team comes in and why it is core to Uniplaces. The team works very tightly with Product and operational product roadmap decisions are taken with everyone’s input - whether you’re playing with code, data, scripts, or infrastructure you’ll collaborate with the wider team.
About the position:
As our first product designer, you will be working closely with developers, with a fast-paced process, to develop UI and participating in the entire process of conception to the deployment of the feature. Also, you will work closely with our Product Manager to study and understand our customers, bringing new ideas and improvements to our product. You will have autonomy, and you will have the chance to work on several fronts.
Why you'll love this job:
- You will be working side-by-side with engineers and a product manager to create amazing features in our products, with high autonomy
- As a full-stack designer, you will not work only on the prototypes but also on research and validation of design proposals
- You will focus on delivering high value and high impact features to our customers, working with a lean mindset
- You will also work on our design system
- You are a fast learner and eager to learn
- You can organize and plan your tasks
- You believe in working in a fast-paced team environment
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a product designer or UX/UI designer
- You have experience designing for SaaS products
- You have experience driving user research, qualitative & quantitative
- You like to dive into a problem, find quick-wins to solve it, and plan the improvements for future releases
- Your portfolio reflects your strong interaction design skills
- You work in close collaboration with engineers
- You accept the opinions of others and understand how to use feedback
- You can design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
Nice to have:
- You have experience using and working with design systems
- Previous startup environment experience
What do we offer?
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture-backed company;
- Quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business;
- The competitive compensation package, negotiable, based on experience;
- A chance to have fun while working!
- Meeting people from all around the world on a daily basis, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, at one of the coolest up-and-coming startups in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious!
What else do you need to know?
- This is a remote-based position (you'll get a Portuguese contract);
- Availability to start soon;
- You must be able to work 40 hours a week.
Does it sound like "the job" you're looking for? Great! Apply below then and let us know why you are fit to work at Uniplaces :)