Senior Software Developer | Remote Opportunity
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners, and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally-minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust, and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Tech Team:
We’re a technology-based startup and we depend on our online platform to provide the best possible service to students and landlords. This is where the tech team comes in and why it is core to Uniplaces. The team works very tightly with Product and operational product roadmap decisions are taken with everyone’s input - whether you’re playing with code, data, scripts, or infrastructure you’ll collaborate with the wider team.
Why you'll love this job:
- Develop end-to-end tasks and have the autonomy to deploy them to our environments, with the support of other senior developers;
- Work in different projects with different languages, but always with high quality and scalability;
- Develop new features and solve issues on backend and frontend projects;
- Test the applications with unitary, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Fast learner and eager to learn;
- A degree in computer science or, at least, 6m to 1 year of experience in Web development;
- Capable of keeping a conversation in English;
- Wants to work in an agile environment with cross-functional teams;
Nice to have:
- Either PHP or Golang knowledge
- CSS and HTML5 experience
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience in Unix environments
- Github account with code to look at
- Previous startup environment experience
What do we offer?
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture-backed company;
- Quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business;
- The competitive compensation package, negotiable, based on experience;
- A chance to have fun while working!
- Meeting people from all around the world on a daily basis, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, at one of the coolest up-and-coming startups in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious!
What else do you need to know?
- This is role-based in Portugal (but remote, with the chance to work from the office once a week);
- Available to start soon;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.
Does it sound like "the job" you're looking for? Great! Apply below then and let us know why you are fit to work at Uniplaces :)